Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost, 1916.

I read this poem in secondary school by forced, i never realize all the things inside, i never read it from the inside, i guess i just see it. but i've never forget there's a poem about choosing road, beside "The Lotus Eater" and "Julia", and the line "sorry i could not travel both" always came up to my mind when i need to make choice. here's a post written in June 2005 about how i hate about making decision. and i still hate it.

it's a good poem, which came up to my mind now.

7 comments:

Ah Eva Eva said...

same. im someone who hate to make decision too.

maybe, we should just 'enjoy' making decision, instead of getting confuse and wasting time.

haaiz...

Life Traveller said...

Used to study this poem during my secondary school too. This remind me of my English teacher when she read the sentence "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both." (This is the only sentence that I can still remember well after all these years...Probably is because we need to face this situation everyday every moment)

yayawoo said...

use mind mapping to analyze all the things lo! c which 1 more important then ma choose saja la ^^
muahahaha...

ten1o said...

Gambateh neh Jeep... =D

ronniedamini said...

trial and error... thats what my job is all about... day in day out...

thats life... you just need to live on with it... and enjoy the ride...

Anonymous said...

HAHA..YOU YOU FUKIN BIATCHY ! BE BE DESICIVE, GO AND KICK SOME MONKEY ASSES

yanne teo said...

yaya,
this is form4's poem!
i read it in form4!
but i love "sonnet 18" more ~^^

Oh MAMA I wanna go Surfin'

All-inclusive 4D3N at Club Med Cherating, Kuantan, Malaysia